Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Within the First Five Minutes of Entering the Center


Within the first five minutes of walking in the Malnutrition Center, this little fellow ran up to me and reached his arms up to be held. My heart instantly melted.. I was touching and holding the the living words of God to care for orphans. I had heard the scripture verse before from James 1:27 that "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress....I just didn't know how adorable that scripture would look with a precious Guatemala face, beautiful dark hair and wearing tiny gray pants. I gave him my best mommy snuggle and treated him like I do when I used to hold my little boys....and..... look at that smile.  Notice our team standing in the entry way still taking pictures of the facility while I got the grand welcome!! What a welcome to the world of international childrens ministry. I 'm sold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment